Every people whoever do their nail design either by a manicurist or by themself, are not conscious about their natural nail bed. Natural nails may lose their natural shine, and the surface may be rough.
Nail buffer polishes nails and makes them smoother. Before applying any nail designing product and after removing them, nails have to buff without any doubt.
A small, travel-friendly as well as affordable nail tool will keep your nails crack-free and glossy. Some people don’t like to apply any nail polish. Those people can simply buff their nails to get natural shine and gloss on their nails.
Though nail buffing is necessary to keep the nails healthy and it’s not a difficult task, some people have no idea about this, and they damage their nails by buffing their nails in the wrong way.
Jump To Right Section
- 1 The 9 Steps – How to Use a Nail Buffer
- 1.1 Why you should buff your nails
- 1.2 Using the procedure of nail buffer
- 1.3 Remove old nail polish from nails
- 1.4 Shape and file your nails
- 1.5 Use the large grit side to buff the nails
- 1.6 Buff nails with the finer grit side
- 1.7 Buff with the smooth side
- 1.8 Apply cuticle oil
- 1.9 Caution about buffing nails
The 9 Steps – How to Use a Nail Buffer
Today in this article, we will tell you why you should use a nail buffer and how to use a nail buffer without damaging the nails.
Why you should buff your nails
- Buffing removes the natural oil from the nails. That’s why when you buff your nails, any types of nail designing product will adhere properly to your nails, and it lasts for long days on a buffed nails.
- Buffing increases the blood circulation of the nails that is also very good for your health. For increasing blood circulation, nails grow faster than before.
- Some people do not like any nail polish or nail gel. They would like to be natural. Nail buffer provides extra shine and polish on the nails, and buffed nails look more natural.
- Sometimes our nails get cracks, and then they break down. That is seriously an annoying thing. Nail buffer smoothens the natural nails and reduces the possibility of nail breakage.
- Nail buffer brightens and polishes nails and makes nails attractive.
Using the procedure of nail buffer
There are different types of nail buffers available in the market. They are different by design and color, but they all do the same work in the same way. Here are some steps that you must follow to buff your nails properly.
Remove old nail polish from nails
Before buffing your nails, your nails must be clean without any nail polish. Nail buffer doesn’t work properly on the nail polish. So, if you are wearing any nail polish, remove it with a nail polish remover. Take a cotton pad and pour some nail polish remover into the cotton pad. Gently rub it on the nails until the whole nail gets clean.
Shape and file your nails
If you want to trim your nails, then use a nail clipper to cut your nails into your desired shape. After cutting the nails into the desired shape, use a nail file to smoothen your nails. File your nails from the corner of the nail to the center.
Use the large grit side to buff the nails
Now, it’s time to buff your nails. Hold the buffer and start buff nails with the large grit side of the nail buffer. In a unidirectional stoke, buff the nails in an X-shape. Do not force the buffer, because it can make the natural nail bed thinner. Buff only five to six times with the large grit side.
Buff nails with the finer grit side
Same as before, hold the buffer and buff the nails with the finer grit side. Finer grit side polishes and brightens the nails. As the first step, buff in an unconditional stroke and X shape. That time you also not to be forceful to buff the nail s.
Buff with the smooth side
Hold the smooth side of the buffer and gently buff your nails in a circle shape. Try to give light pressure to buff with the smooth side. Buff until the nails become shiny like clear nail polish. After that, you will see the natural shine and glossy look of your nails. If you want, you can skip nail polish because your nails are already gorgeous and shiny without nail polish.
Apply cuticle oil
Applying cuticle oil is optional. To get more shine and make your nails healthy, you can apply some cuticle oil on your nails after buffing them. Apply a drop of oil on each nail and massage it gently with your fingers.
Caution about buffing nails
- Make sure you do not have any nail polish on your nails before buffing nails.
- Do not use a buffer or nail file immediately after using nail polish remover or acetone. Nail polish makes the nails very sensitive at some times. So, wait for a few minutes before using a nail buffer.
- Do not over buff your nails. Over buffing damage the natural nail bed by making the nails thin.
- Remove the excess cuticle oil. Cuticle oil resists nail polish to adhere properly.
- Do not buff your nails frequently it may damage the nails.
Nail buffing is very popular with nail art-loving people. To keep the nails smooth and shiny and to adhere to any nail designing product perfectly, nail buffing is very important.
You can buff your nails and get glossy nails within a few minutes. IF you want o keep your nails healthy and grow them faster, nail buffing is essential.